The Memorial Church Clock was erected on St Lawrence Church's tower in 1920 and was funded entirely by public donations.
The clock was installed on St Lawrence Church's tower in 1920 as a memorial to the men of the parish who served in the Great War 1914-1918 and in thanksgiving for the establishment of peace.
The roll of honour in the west end of the church, under the tower, is in memory of those who served and died in the First World War. It reads:
To the Glory of God and in memory of
R Draper J T North
J H Heald G W Balton
And to the honour of those who served their king and country
C Avery C Jackson
F Avery L R Maycroft
G Bray J Measures
H Bullock G Measures
A Bullock G Nix
McDonald Coupland F Smith
E W Draper G Taylor
A G Draper G Taylor
H Draper B Topps
J Howes R C Tinkler
Marjorie Draper A Walton
The cost of £60 was raised by subscription in the village, and was dedicated at a special service by the Reverend Canon Hancock, Vicar of Grantham and Rural Dean in January 1920.
The clock was supplied by Messrs. J. B. Joyce & Co. Ltd. Of Whitchurch, Shropshire https://www.smithofderby.com/home/our-group-of-companies/
The clock is wound each week by one of three volunteer clockwinders. When the weights in the vestry are near the floor, it is time to wind the clock. When the weights are up high close to the ceiling, the clock has just been wound.
The Parish Council currently pays for the servicing of the clock.
Memorial clock weights